Judging by what I read, I might have freely read it. It was good because it used references to things that we know about. For instance, Auckland and how everyone there plays rugby. I might not know that game, but I got the gist of what he was trying to say about determinism. I never really thought of it that way before. However, I do not think that what he is saying is true. I don’t think that we can tell exactly how things are going to be 5 hundred years from now.
When he was talking about free will though, I agreed about how we do not have free will, we only have choices. He had a lot of great examples about it too. Throughout both of the essays though, I felt that he just kept on repeating himself over and over again. I did however learn a lot from these essays. It was a good read.
How do people know how the world is going to be 5 hundred years from now?
Is there really such thing as free will?
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment