Monday, December 17, 2007

why work

Why work? I do feel that most people feel the same way as Philip Larkin when it comes to the topic about work. They don’t like it, and they feel that it should not be around and no one should have to deal with it. However I do not think that everyone feels that way. For instance, some people are “workaholics” and they love going into work every day and then staying there late. I know many people who feel this same way. It could be though that they just love to make money, and living fancier lives.
If it were not for work, then where would we be today? We probably would not be around, because everything that we do involves work. There would be no food, shelter, clothes, or anything else that every human being needs to survive.
It is interesting though, because we have grown to be so accustomed to working that without it I don’t think people would be happy for long because they would just get bored not doing anything all day long. Work makes us better people, and without it… the world might not be the way that it is. Maybe that would not be such a bad thing though.
Question 1: Do workaholics love work or do they love to make money?
Question 2: Would the world be a better place without work?

No comments: